I live for a good Chai Tea Latte! Most of us love to drink Chai, but we neglect to experience the greatness of Chai when we don't cook with it! Here is an easy recipe for a Chai Spiced Cake with Cream Cheese Icing. I can eat this for breakfast or a snack!
Ingredients for cake:
1 cup Vegetable Oil1 1/2 cups of buttermilk (lowfat, not whole)
2 cups of white sugar
1 1/2 cups of brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 tablespoon of pure vanilla extract
1 teaspoon of salt
2 tablespoons chai spice
3 cups of cake flour
Ingredients for the Cream Cheese Icing:
1- 8oz blocks of cream cheese, softened
1/2 stick of butter, softened
1/4 cup whole milk
1 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
2 cups confectioners sugar
Method for Cake:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, mix together the oil, buttermilk, and sugars until sugars are dissolved.
- Mix in eggs and vanilla until combined.
- Mix in salt, flour, chai spice and baking soda until well combined.
- Spray your bundt pan with Bakers Joy or Wilton's Bake Easy. Some people like to butter and flour their pans, but I prefer the spray. Do not use regular non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour batter into the pan and Bake until knife comes out clean, about 45 mins. (check halfway)
- Once cake cools a little (10 minutes), invert it onto flat surface. Let cool completely before applying the icing.
Method for Icing:
- Add softened cream cheese and softened butter into bowl, blend until mixed.
- Add in milk and vanilla. Blend.
- And in half of the confectioners sugar, and blend.
- Add in remaining confectioners sugar, and blend, making sure you scrap the sides of the bowl to get up any loose ingredients. Ice the cake to your liking!